July 25, 2010

Replica Bridges

Theme parks generally get the thumbs down from me; just not my cup of tea.

Yet this model of a minority village set in the picturesque province of Guanxi with the karst hills providing a dramatic backdrop was a pretty as well as an informative place to take our company team on our annual outing some years ago. Today I post a couple of views of typical Chinese bridges they replicated for Louis La Vache's meme Sunday Bridges.

 Guanxi, China, 2006

The same foot bridge seen from inside a building:


And another smaller bridge:


Click the link above to get to more links of bridges around the world.

[Click on the photo to see a larger view of it.]

16 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Hello world trotter,

You put me to shame, being a Chinese, I have not been to China. The dialect I speak is similar to the Kwang Xi dialect. When I spell China places, I spell it in anglo way.

I must really try to go to my ancestor land some times.

I got to Louis' site, but not into Linky.

Kaori said...

I love the view looking out the window! China has very pretty bridges, I especially like the wooden ones :D

Maboe said...

A very interesting blog! Thanks for commenting on mine.

cieldequimper said...

These are a dream!

Indrani said...

Thank you for this visual treat. Great pics.

Elisa said...

Your bridges are amazing, so lovely!
Best regards from Argentina
Elisa

Elisa said...

By the way... are you from Spain Francisca?

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm not fond of theme parks either but this one appears to be a bit different from most.

I like the rustic look of the wooden footbridges.

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» joins the chorus of not being a fan of theme parks, but agrees that this one seems to be exceptional. «Louis» thanks you for your continuing contributions to Sunday Bridges.

tapirgal said...

What beautiful and interesting photos! I would have loved this place, too.

Woody said...

That's a theme park I would visit!! Great shots!

Unknown said...

those hills are stunning and truly dramatic! the bridges are beautiful.

Elisa said...

I love your post!
And it´s a wonderful bridge!
Best regards from Argentina
Elisa

Unknown said...

Wonderful places! All shots are lovely.

Unknown said...

Hi Francisca
Great shots of the bridges. I love the silhoutee of the distant mountains in the 2nd pic - so pretty. The last 2 look so calm. Lovely - they could be shots from a movie. There is a town in Malaysia called Taiping - there is a zig zag brigde like the one in the first pic - ahh brings back memories for me :). THanks for sharing these.

ps. thanks for visiting my post - love yr story about cycling in Beijing :)

Luckaa said...

YOu allways have interesting places.