July 17, 2010

Art Deco Reflections

Ortigas, Manila, 2010

Rose invited me to join her tonight for the grand launch of Café 1771 owned by her longtime friend Ricky Gutierrez.

A slightly more relaxed version of the upscale Chateau 1771 restaurant I've patronized since the early '90s, this location offers different dining experiences in three rooms, each with its own pleasant decor and ambiance.

I couldn't resist taking a shot of this fabulous art deco mirror in The Winebar for meme Weekend Reflections. Click on the link to join the fun or discover more reflections.

12 comments:

Rosie @ Centre of Interest said...

Oh that is an amazing mirror

Beth Niquette said...

Wow--what a beautiful reflection this is!

Gine said...

Reflets d'autrefois ... très structurés. Beau sujet, belle photo !

My name is Riet said...

That is a beautiful reflection photo

Clytie said...

A very beautiful reflection shot! I wish your friend's friend the very best of success!

Barbara said...

Very Art Deco and gorgeous! I hope Cafe 1771 is successful.

Hilda said...

Gosh, the grand launch was just recently? We ate there a couple of months ago! I guess "launch" no longer means "opening" nowadays. ;)

Very beautiful mirrors. I hope they served some coffee pie — my favorite!

I saw a photo of the crane that you mentioned. That was crazy. I didn't get to read the article though. I hope no one got hurt when it toppled over.

Eden said...

What a lovely reflection photo!
Happy weekend.

Jim said...

great shot

James said...

Very cool! I love taking picture of all sorts of art deco things but I don't see much around here.

I was actually standing across the street from Sax 5th Ave next to a store called Cole Haan when I took the picture of St. Patrick's reflection.

Regina said...

I missed the opening.
Beautiful reflections Francisca.

Have a lovely week ahead.

Pearl Maple said...

As a fellow global traveller, really enjoyed reading through your blog posts.