September 6, 2010

The Most Photographed Falls in Mindoro

Just a few hours' drive south from Manila followed by a one to two hour boat ride, depending on what kind of boat you take, gets you either to Puerto Galera, a popular weekend diving destination for city folks, or to Calapan, the island province of Mindoro's capital some 50 kms (30 mi) further south. I've lost count the number of times I've enjoyed snorkeling or diving off the white sandy beaches around Puerto Galera, like here. This weekend I was invited to explore some of the other sites on the island, and I was not disappointed. The island is breathtakingly beautiful. 

One of our stops was Tamaraw Falls, which our host called the most photographed waterfalls in Mindoro. 

Mindoro, 2010

The cascading falls drop about 129 meters (423 feet).


The water then passes underneath the mountain road...


... where there are benches to sit and tables to picnic...


... and locals and visitors swim in the collected pools of fresh water.


The bridge is linked to Louis la Vache's Sunday Bridges where you can find more links to interesting bridges around the world.

10 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, this is just beautiful. Getting there sounds a little strenuous but if I ever get to the Philippines, it would be worth the effort. I love waterfalls, probably because I came from British Columbia, where there are many of them. But none are more beautiful than this one. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Kay

tapirgal said...

It's easy to see why they are so often photographed. You've done a beautiful layout here. Spectacular. It's almost like being there. Well, as near as I'll get for awhile :) Thanks for showcasing this place!

cieldequimper said...

I love the way there are several falls all together rather than one great fall. Superb!

Sciarada said...

Buongiorno Francisca, an idyllic place where you can fly with the fantasy!

Unknown said...

What a place, it's gorgeous! I especially like the top shot with the long lianas hanging on the trees.

Kaori said...

What an exotic place! And that pool looks like a wonderful place to cool off and to gaze at the lovely view :D

Lowell said...

Thanks for sharing. What a delightful place. Edenic! I can see why you love it.

VP said...

I'm not used at waterfalls, so I like them all and this one is really outstanding!

Anita Johnson said...

Wow. beautiful falls and I love the collection pools. The "mom" in me wants to tell the little girl to move back from the edge, it looks slippery!

Elisa said...

What a nice view!
My best regards from Argentina