November 1, 2010

Moving It in Kathmandu

The City Daily Photo is a community of bloggers around the globe who post daily about their cities. Being an avid traveler, it's an idea I both admire and enjoy. They do an awesome job of describing their cities, both in words and in photos. There are too many for me to follow them all, but there are a good number of sites I visit regularly. 

It thrills me to learn about distant cities like Astoria on the west side of the USA and Ocala on the east, East Gwillimbury in Canada, Livorno in Italy, Oeiras in Portugal, Versailles in France, Sydney in Australia, Saltaire in the UK, Jerusalem Hills in Israel, Tokorozawa in Japan, and of course our Manila right here... just to mention a FEW... Every city blogger has a very unique style and their own creative way to see and present their city. It's truly fabulous. I'm hooked.

On the first of each month, the community follows a theme. Today's theme is transportation. You can see thumbnails of the participating City Daily Photo bloggers here.

Well, I hope no one minds, but I thought I'd play along today. 

I seem to be on a roll of threes. My transportation photos were taken earlier this year in Nepal, where I captured three modes of movement on the same spot.



Katmandu, 2010

17 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

It was Venice Daily Photo that got me into this blogging lark in the first place - and I agree that it's fascinating seeing each place through the lens of someone who knows it well. Thank you so much for the Saltaire link too.

T. Becque said...

These are so fun to see! Great! Some time ago I photographed people passing by an orange wall on a particular street in Tucson. This reminds me of it.

Pat Tillett said...

great photos! I'll bet you could stand in that spot all day and get great shots...
I need to go there!

Kay L. Davies said...

"This is not your grandmother' bicycle."
Three good ones, Francisca. We have a few transportation shots we took in China, but these three all in the same location are super.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

VP said...

Excellent choice for this theme day. Thanks for the mention of our blog!

Unknown said...

The building itself is very interesting. I have never seen this kind of architecture before. Maybe it is common in Katmandu but is very unusual to my eye.

Joanne said...

I love these shots, I so want to get to Katmandu:)

cieldequimper said...

Hey, that's the coolest post I've seen today! The photos are gorgeous, so exotic and evocative and well thanks for including VDP in your travel list!

Kaori said...

I totally agree with Ciel, this is really really cool! I love the soft colors in the photos and of course all the transportation I don't usually see around here. I'm flattered you'd link Tokorozawa in your post, thank you! I love getting to see many parts of the world through your gorgeous photos as well :-D

tapirgal said...

Beautiful, beautiful shots! And all with bicycle wheels. I think it's great that you posted the theme, and thanks so much for the link! I didn't partake in the theme today (it's by choice, but I enjoy joining in) - I forgot - and I'm still posting contest photos until next week. I hope your computer recovered. . . .

EG CameraGirl said...

Your photos are wonderful, Francisca! I'm so glad you joined in the fun! :)

Unknown said...

This is brilliant, Francisca! What a clever idea. You know, I think this building is at least in one of the 'million' shots I took there... :-) Thank you for mentioning Oeiras in this post.

Dina said...

How versatile is the humble bicycle!

I'm honored by your link, and in such good company. Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Nice pics. Great building, such nice design, lovely texture and colour... I think the person in the last pic was too ambitious with his/her load.

☺lani☺ said...

You're such a traveler! I love the way you capture stuffs. I'm just travelling with your posts! Keep it up! Enjoy the rest of the week!

Hilda said...

How fun that you played along! And these are all great. Though I feel for the guy in the last shot — talk about overloading. The restaurant is fascinating too. I adore the dark woodwork against the pumpkin orange brick.

Carolyn Ford said...

You really get great people shots! So colorful and real...