October 27, 2010

O is for Opening

Tonight I attended the opening of an art exhibit called "a Magical Mystery Tour" presented by the Carl Jung Circle Center headed by my lovely friend, Rose.

The theme for the exhibit came from a quote by Jungian analyst, Thomas Moore: Through a magical, spiritual use of images, the arts nourish the soul, creating a richly varied atmosphere, an environment that is not only practical but spiritually nutritious.

Thirteen artists from its community and faculty displayed a rich variety of mediums and styles. 

The well attended opening featured paintings, sculptures, paper masks, photography, jewelry and other stirring forms of artistic expression. The artists were there to answer questions about their work. And as can be expected at a well organized opening, there were well-wishing flowers, servers offering sangria and appetizers, and, of course, the official photographer (that was NOT me!).

Here is a sprinkling of what I saw:


 
 


 
 


 
Manila, 2010

The exhibit runs for another two days at the LTI Center on Reposo Avenue in Makati. If you live in the city, I highly recommend stopping by for a look. 

At ABC Wednesday, the letter of the week is O. Go take a look at how others played with the letter.

[Any photo can be enlarged and will open in a new tab when you click on it.]

17 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous post for the O Day! And I would love to be able to enjoy all the beauty there in person, but your marvelous photos are the next best thing, Francisca! Thanks so much for sharing the art and the beauty with us today! Looks as though your week got a great start! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful photos for Opening Day, Francisca. I'm sure you had more fun than the Official photographer, too.
-- K

Unknown said...

Love the Dieffenbachia images at the bottom shot. And the exhibit's name - Viva the Beatles! :-)

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, I'd love to see this - beautiful!!

Roger Owen Green said...

very OPULENT - nice party.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Lowell said...

How very exciting, Francisca! I would think the best part was to be able to talk with the artists (well, other than the sangia! That's a joke; please don't take it the wrong way!)...

Looks like some very fine pieces of art there! And you would have made a very fine "official" photographer!

Pat Tillett said...

great photos! I want the two dieffenbachia paintings, but I can't quite read the price tags...

Kaori said...

You may of not been their official photographer, but you certainly are ours! Lovely opening! :-D

cieldequimper said...

In a nutshell: was the sangria as good as the rest?

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I am not into Arts. I prefer plants. Before I I kids, I worked near to the Art gallery, I went only a couple of times even though it was free.

Dina said...

Looks like a wonderful event. Great pic of the sweating photographer with his red camera.

Thanks for telling me about your aunt z"l. What a story! I can see from the lobby what a great house she transformed. Good on her.

Erika B said...

That's so clever for "O". Looks like it was a great party.

Erika B

VP said...

Not really my kind of art, but I would have enjoyed the opening anyway.

Lowell said...

Just went through these photos again. Great fun!

I'm going to try to get back to you tonight...OK? (Not sure when that will be your time, though...)

Pat Tillett said...

now that I enlarged the photo, those ladybugs are very distracting...

Unknown said...

There are some very nice work there.

EG CameraGirl said...

I very much enjoy art openings, Francisca! How nice that you were allowed to take photos, :)