October 25, 2010

How Best to Change a Battery

The Dominos pizza chain made advertising history when in 1973 they announced their new 30-minute delivery guarantee. Of course the "...or it's free" part of the tagline has long been dropped, but that we don't remember. Fast pizza home delivery has been the standard ever since.

But have you ever had a new car battery delivered and installed in about an hour? Like this? Let me tell you...

Last week I went to a trade show and when I returned to my car, I turned the key and heard the dreaded click... try again... click... Battery deader than a door knob. Take a deep breath.

I went back inside to seek help from friends who were exhibiting. I was informed of this delivery service and was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly it all went.

The order was placed by phone and after about 40 minutes of chatting with friends I received a message on my cell phone that the man had arrived. I went outside, we found each other easily, and we went to my car.

First he checked that the battery was indeed beyond boosting. Then within minutes he had the dead battery out and the new one in.

Here's what it looked like:

Manila, 2010

Top of the line battery, delivery and installation, less than $100. No fuss, no muss. Easy to stay mellow.

And this happy little story gets posted to Mellow Yellow Monday and Mosaic Monday. Check out the links for more fun takes on the themes.

15 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Ooh, mellow AND yellow, Francisca. How cool is that? You at least win for mellow this Monday!

Kay

Dina said...

That IS a nice service, and nice pics of it happening.
The man has a nice Suzuki. Nice to see how he is all helmeted and covered up--but still with sandals.
Funny, I just posted a fleet of Domino's delivery scooters chained together:
http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.com/2010/10/domino-effect.html

Pat Tillett said...

Now if they delivered pizza AND batteries...

eileeninmd said...

Now that is pretty cool. And a reasonable price. Thanks for sharing.

Lesley said...

and on a bike - so it looks like personal service, one customer at a time!!

Verna Luga said...

wow, personalized service only in your area.. cool..
My MYellow Monday here

Vee said...

Wow...that really meets a need and provided a great service.

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful success story! Hooray!

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

Very nice picture and your blog is full KIV viewable and readable. I like your blog very much. Come take a look Teuvo images www.ttvehkalahti.blogspot.com blog and tell all your friends photos on your blog Teuvo fermentation that can be your country's flag be raised higher on my blog. Wishing you a nice autumn Teuvo Vehkalahti Suomi Finland

Rajesh said...

This is really quick service. Too good.

Carrie said...

Excelleent mosaic and great record of your fine service!

VP said...

A good idea and a great service indeed!

Lowell said...

This is probably the best "Mellow Yellow Monday" post I've seen.

Was he from Triple A? Oh, probably not where you live. :-) That's another little joke.

Kaori said...

That's some service! And I love the shot you got of him on his motorbike! Looks very efficient :D

Unknown said...

That's great service.