February 14, 2011

Tempozan Ferris Wheel

Some months back I already introduced the imposing Tempozan Ferris Wheel standing between the Osaka Aquarium and a cable-stayed bridge (panorama better viewed enlarged).

Osaka, 2009

This ferris wheel stands 112.5 meters / 370 feet tall and measures 100 meters / 328 feet in diameter, making it one of the largest in the world. 

I still feel a tinge of regret that we did not have the time to take the 17-minute ride to enjoy (and capture!) the view of Osaka Bay, the city and the surrounding mountains, especially since a gray rainy morning had turned into brilliant blue-skied afternoon.


Today I link with Mellow Yellow Monday. Click on the link to find more interesting takes on the theme.

14 comments:

Mona said...

beautiful places love to enjoy these two places :)

have time to visit my MYM entry too

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful photos, Francisca. I love the panorama. And that is a very yellow ferris wheel.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Unknown said...

fabulous photos! i love Ferris wheel rides.:p

Mellow Yellow Monday at Live in the Moment

Pat Tillett said...

Great photos! I've been to Japan several times, but never to Osaka yet.

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

O what an interesting view in that first photo! And that ferris wheel is certainly huge!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I wanna come down , I don't like this. may be you were smart not to go on it.

Andy said...

A good fun choice for Mellow Yellow Monday.

Jane said...

Great shot, it s funny how so many Cities have a "Wheel" now. Thanks for sharing:)

RNSANE said...

My fear of open heights would probably have prevented me from getting on hat ferris wheels. I would have been terrified.

VP said...

I'd like the view from up there, with my camera obviously.

Lesley said...

that is too bad, I bet the view would have been nice even on a dull day.

Anonymous said...

Great MYM - but I'll stay with my two feet on the ground ;-)

Kim, USA said...

I thought the one in London is the biggest. A 17 minutes ride hmmm I can take it ^_^
MYM

Alain said...

The wheel looks like fun, and the sky is so blue. Perfect weather for a ride!